The Gothic basilica of St. Jacob in Rothenburg, Germany was built in 1211 and was dedicated to the apostle St. James. St. Jacob is the German spelling. It is one of the churches on the pilgrimage route to the grave of St. James in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. A small cross was found during the construction of the west chancel in 1350. This is a copy of that cross.