Gel Plate Painting: Everything you need to know and much more! with Mimi Damrauer
July 20-21, 2024 | Saturday – Sunday | Saturday 10 am – 5 pm | Sunday 9 am – 4 pm
- Experience Level: All levels of experience are welcome.
- Medium: Acrylic paints on paper
- Registration: Each student must register individually. Click the Cancellation Policy tab above for more info.
- Materials List: ALL supplies included with the class fee. Click the Materials Tab above for a list of optional items that would make your papers more personal.
- Location: Sedona Arts Center, Theatre Studio
Learn to make beautiful one-of-a-kind collage papers using acrylic paints and a gel plate. Mimi will walk the class through a very fun and easy process of gel painting and printing. Even if you have done some Gel Painting before, Mimi will teach you all of her tips and tricks to add to your repertoire so that you get polished results with a simple process!
Day One: Basics of Gel Mono Printing/Painting.
- Mimi will walk students through the gel mono printing process. You will create a great pile of amazing papers to use later.
- Learn how to create designs using a variety of texture tools.
- How to make Masks & Stencils to give your papers your own unique style.
- How to finish papers that are “almost done” with Top Painting and Mark Making.
- How to Gel Print/Paint onto various types and weights of papers.
- Going BIG…Work on a larger gel plate to create a whole new cache of papers in the afternoon. Build on the techniques that you learned in the morning. You will be amazed at how different and complex your papers will be on a larger format.
Day Two: Let’s make stuff!
- Mimi will show you how to create a 12” x 12” art collage on paper using your new collage papers.
- Learn different ways to adhere papers in a collage using different glues and tapes.
- How to take your design idea and transform it into a real artwork.
- How to make templates.
- How to work in an art series.
- Other small projects to use your papers: Notecards, Gift Tags and Washi Decorative Tapes.
Then take home all of your leftover papers, masks, and stencils to use in other projects. You will have a fabulous stash!
24 0720 MD