Three-Day Silverpoint Workshop
The traditional technique of metalpoint (also known as silverpoint; i.e. drawing with a piece of silver) is increasingly popular. This workshop offers students the opportunity to draw with a variety of metal tips including silver, brass, and copper. Koo Schadler will demonstrate and explain all aspects of the medium: types of surfaces to work on, how to increase abrasion in a ground, adding highlights and color to a drawing, and how to speed up the tarnishing process. Students will make for themselves several different drawing surfaces starting from scratch. Each students goes home with Koo’s in-depth, metalpoint instruction booklet and a complete metalpoint kit to continue working in the medium. Open to all levels, from beginning to experienced draftsmen.
(Materials fee: $70 payable to instructor on first day – cash or check, please. Includes instructional book and complete metalpoint drawing kit.)
21 1103 KS
- Each student must enroll individually
- Students may register online or by calling the Sedona Arts Center’s Administrative Offices in the Art Barn, toll-free at 888-954-4442 or locally at 928-282-3809
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express are accepted or student may pay with cash or check by registering in person during office hours at the Art Barn
In-Person and Online Workshops
- A student may pay in full or place a $125 non-refundable deposit to save a space in the workshop
- Any unpaid balance is due at least 30 days prior to first day of class
- If a student cancels before the 30-day cut-off, the balance is refunded (or cancelled if not already paid) – the deposit is non-refundable
- If a student cancels within the 30-days prior to class, no refund is given and both deposit and balance are forfeited
- If Sedona Arts Center cancels the workshop for any reason, all payments made will be refunded in full
The Sedona Arts Center is not responsible for providing make-up sessions or issuing refunds, credits, or transfers for courses missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control. There are absolutely no refunds after the cut-off date for any reason, unless the Sedona Arts Center has to cancel the workshop, then all fees paid will be refunded in full.
Covid-19 Update for In-Person Classes and Workshops:
As long as SAC is able to provide an environment that adheres to the CDC guidelines for social gatherings, and assuming all other normal criteria are met and the workshop or class goes forward, the above cancellation policies are in effect.