Sedona Fall Colors with Betty Carr
Watercolor or Oils
October 20 – 22, 2021
Learn to capture the beauty of light in this three-day workshop! Betty Carr teaches students to accurately portray the effect of light on any subject in watercolor or oil. Students can work in either watercolor or oils and will explore a variety of locations in beautiful Sedona.
During her workshop Betty begins each day with a demonstration/ lecture covering tools, techniques, brushwork, problems and solutions. Emphasis throughout the workshop is on organization and simplification of darks and lights, value and color relationships, edges, movement and mass to create a dynamic, coherent composition.
Betty Carr’s energetic style and enthusiasm for painting and teaching create an infectious atmosphere of adventure and “can do” among her students. She has traveled the country teaching workshops for many years. Her instructional book “Seeing the Light” is available through North Light Books. Materials list includes both watercolor and oil – students can choose which medium they would like to work in.
First Meeting on Wednesday is 10:00 am in the Special Exhibition Gallery Studio on the Arts Center Campus. Instructor will arrange location meetings for the duration of the workshop.
This workshop precedes the week-long Sedona Plein Air Festival Oct 23 – 30, 2021. Betty Carr will be participating in the festival.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 1020 BC