Plein Air Painting with Intention
with Manon Sander
October 31 – November 2, 2021
Juggling all the elements a beautiful painting consists of can feel like being the ringmaster in a three-ring circus, even more so when time is limited while painting en plein air. Help is on the way: Manon will guide you through the steps to simplify a complex scene in order to translate it into a painting filled with light and exciting, vibrant color. Manon strongly believes that every brushstroke should have a purpose and needs to be executed with intention, and so she will demo her technique while pointing out the many decisions you have to make while building your painting. Understanding the intention behind those decisions will make the painting process more pleasurable, manageable, and fun for you. With Manon’s help you will dive into composition, shape making, value, using contrast for maximum impact, brushwork, how to avoid making mud or chalky colors, and, Manon’s favorite, how to mix beautiful, vibrant colors with the intention to fill your painting with light.
Every day we will be painting in beautiful outdoor locations. Manon will inject demos and lectures but will also make sure that you will have ample painting time under her guidance. We will end the day with daily group critiques.
Oil preferred, acrylics acceptable. Working knowledge of your medium beneficial.”
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that masks be worn at all times while inside our buildings.
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 1031 MS