Online Watercolor Secrets Revealed with Tom Lynch
A Special Two-Part Online Watercolor Workshop!
August 2 – 3, 2023 | 2:00 – 5:00pm AZ time (adjust your meeting time accordingly)
You can check your time zone difference at www.timezonewizard.com where you can enter your city & state and Oswego, IL.
- Experience Level: Advanced Beginners to Advanced.
- Medium: Watercolor.
- Materials: Click on the Materials List tab above for a list of supplies you will need.
- Location: Online – you will need to have Zoom installed in your computer, and you will receive a Zoom link from Tom before the workshop takes place.
Part 1 – Practice Painting Parts: Wed. August 2nd
The first day, you will paint ‘with ME’ parts of the scene above. You will learn how to paint: mountains, fields, trees, rocks, skies, clouds and more. I will demonstrate each part on separate sheets of paper, then allow you time to practice under my watchful eye. The beauty of this format is you don’t have to worry about a finished painting in the morning as we just practice a variety of watercolor techniques on loose sheets of 140# watercolor paper.
Part 2 – Creating a Finished Painting: Thur. August 3rd
In the second session we will put all the parts together in a new effort and have a completed painting at the end of the day. This day you will learn the principles of focal point, value change, unity factors while you create a finished work of art. This format is great for those that want to learn in a step-by-step manner. This process will provide a comprehensive amount of information. You will receive a great foundation that then can be applied to all your future paintings. Students will be provided with; preliminary sketches and the final sketch in order to accomplish a beautiful finish painting. (You can even use your own composition!) The focus of this class is to learn while doing and I am devoted to your learning new and successful ways to paint.
The online format allows you the ability to see the recorded demos again, while you can pause, fast forward, screen shot, your way to success. (You can even simulcast on your smart TV!)
- I have a 3-camera presentation that will show great close-ups, the palette, and the finished painting.
- I also have many lesson guide visuals and studio paintings to show.
- The bonus for this online format is that the demos will be recorded – and you can watch for 3 weeks!
- I will send you the sketches to have ready for class later. They are simple and easy to replicate.
- There will be plenty of time for questions, and time for me to view your effort and offer suggestions. Don’t feel obligated to show your work every time, relax, have fun trying out NEW ways to paint.
Past students have said of his workshops…
- “Rather than coming out with perfect little copies of what Tom does, I came out with a wealth of watercolor techniques which I can utilize in my painting.”
- “The best workshop I have ever had”…
- “Never a dull moment”…
- “Learned more in one day than I have in years”…
- “Patient, positive and knowledgeable.”
I want you all to have a great time in this workshop and I want to motivate you to paint more and better! I will share with you all the secrets I know about painting and provide you with rich visuals to make this a great experience.
Check out the studio set-up we’ll be using in this preview!
If you have any questions or concerns, please check with me directly via email. My new email is email@example.com
Stay safe. See you in class soon,
23 0802 TL