Monoprint | Collage | Painting
with Jane Davies
Discover a whole new world of artistic possibility when you combine collage and paint with monoprinting techniques. First, we will layer colors, patterns, and textures with the gel plate (synthetic gelatin printing plate, available from various manufacturers) creating gorgeously printed collage papers. Then we combine them with painting, drawing, and layering to build images directly on a heavy paper substrate. We will be working in series, which allows fluidity of process, focus, and momentum in your work. Let the boundaries between painting, monoprinting, and collage disappear as you explore this exciting means of creative expression.
Students should know or learn about the basics of gel plate printing prior to workshop. I will not be demonstrating the basics; you can find loads of tutorials online at the GelliArts website and blog, or download my Monoprint Collage class here: https://janedaviesstudios.com/workshops/online-workshops/
Payment Options: Students may pay in full or choose the payment-plan option during registration. The payment plan requires a non-refundable $125 deposit with the balance due 30 days before the first day of the workshop.
Class meets 10 – 5 on the first day, 9 – 4 on subsequent days with a one hour lunch.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.