The Living Abstract: Earthy Conte Crayon Meets Luminous Acrylics
Online Workshop with Julie Bernstein Engelmann
Fridays (three consecutive): February 9, 16 and 23 | 11 am – 3 pm AZ time
- Experience Level: All experience levels are welcome.
- Medium: Acrylic
- Materials: Click on the Materials List tab above for a list of supplies.
- Location: Online—Julie will email you a Zoom link before each class.
- Time: Check your time zone difference by entering your location in the search bar here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230606T180000&p1=1956
The Living Abstract is a foundational workshop that helps you set your painting up for success and capture the living moment.
In three weekly sessions, discover ways to let the paint sing, navigate the mid-process “beautiful mess,” and bring your abstract painting to fulfilled completion—without losing its life force and what makes it beautiful.
On Days 1 and 2, you’ll be guided step-by-step through a sequence of intuitive techniques that build on each other to create a painting that is authentic, dynamic, and deep. You’ll learn about color mixing and composition to enhance your painting.
On Day 3, see your painting through the eyes of depth and flow. This key approach cuts through confusion, so you can complete your painting and bring it to life in a soul-satisfying way.
Earthy Conte Crayon Meets Luminous Acrylics
For this theme, we’ll use earthy Conte Crayon both under and over layers of acrylic paint — made all the more luminous by contrast.
Conte crayons are a waxy sketching pastel beloved by artists for their weight, natural tones, and creamy texture. We’ll play in the zone between these soft qualities and the raw brilliance of acrylics — and between dry and wet — for startling beauty.
Here is what you get when you secure your seat
- A richly-layered original acrylic artwork that is meaningful and natural to you and comes to life before your eyes—and the discernment to know why it’s great.
- A sound foundation in abstract painting, so that you understand the dynamics of using background, middle ground, and foreground each for their proper function—which makes a world of difference to your mastery and confidence.
- Live demonstrations, hands-on painting, sharing, and enlightening feedback—held in the convenience of your home over 3 weekly Zoom sessions, 4 hours each (with snack break). Friendly class size—limited to 9—assures you get plenty of individual attention to address your needs and questions.
- Downloadable video demonstrations, class notes, and slides—so you can review the steps and concepts whenever you wish. They will touch you differently each time.
- BONUS: An invaluable Critique Points Checklist that frees you to put criticism aside until the proper moment.
Most attendees make paintings that surprise and amaze themselves. I can’t wait to see yours.
ENROLL NOW to secure your seat. Attendance is limited to 9, first come first served.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
*For my free video training, The Key to Happily Completing Your Abstract Painting—even if you’ve lost hope, go to https://www.julieengelmann.com/Signup.html
Enrolled students will receive an email invitation with a link to join the Zoom meeting platform from Julie directly. Be sure you have an internet connection and Zoom installed on your device before the first day of the class.
24 0209 JBE