***New 2021 Workshop ***
Jodie King’s workshops are best known for being honest and fun as well as practical and informative. She openly shares her personal painting techniques and creative process; yet, her relaxed teaching style helps artists let go of fear in order to create raw, free, and honest work.
While this workshop covers such topics as composition, color, value, and mark making, the real juice comes from the teachings about the creative process and how to embrace our own intuition as an artist. Through daily demonstrations, meditation and journaling, you will leave with a better understanding of embracing freedom in art and in life.
This workshop is open to all levels. If you are a beginner, you will be given the opportunity to learn composition, color mixing, mark making and more in a welcoming environment. If you are an advanced artist, Jodie will help you create your most honest work through understanding the personal energy you bring to your art, embracing your personal mark making and how you choose the color combinations in a more intuitive way. Either way, this workshop will help you and your art advance to a new level in a judgement-free, joy-filled zone.
The hours are (10:00-5:00 on the first day 9:00 – 4:00 on subsequent days with an hour for lunch daily.)
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 0416 JK