Find your Authentic Voice in Plein Air
With Carol Douglas
September 26 – October 1, 2021 (Sunday – Friday)
This workshop is aimed at helping painters refine their personal technique in watercolor, pastel, oils and acrylics. It will help you find your own voice and style without becoming anyone’s clone. This is an intensive class, with morning and afternoon on-site painting sessions and lunch-time discussions and demos. Classes are kept small so every student gets the attention they deserve.
We will cover:
- Color theory
- Accurate drawing
- Mixing colors
- Finding your own voice
- Authentic brushwork
We stress painting protocols to get you to good results with the least amount of wasted time. That means focusing on drawing, brushwork, and accurate observation. You will learn to paint boldly, using fresh, clean color. You’ll learn to build commanding compositions, and to use hue, value and line to draw the eye through your paintings.
Because this workshop is targeted at small groups, Carol can work with painters of all levels.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 0926 CD