JESSE LANE – DRAMATIC PORTRAITS IN COLORED PENCIL
Learn the secrets of turning colored pencil into a Fine Art medium…. creating works as rich and nuanced as any oil painting. Draw a dramatic, realistic portrait with award-winning artist Jesse Lane. All skill levels are welcome! Jesse will guide you step by step, sharing his signature style… including special tips for creating nuanced skin tones, compelling eyes and realistic hair. Classes are thorough as Jesse breaks down complex rendering into simple shapes. Everyone works on the same portrait as Jesse gives detailed demos and also works with students one-on-one.
The workshop includes:
- Large Screen Demos: A video camera on Jesse’s drawing board is projected to a large screen so students can easily follow along as they draw.
- One-on-One Instruction: After each demo, Jesse visits each participant, offering encouragement, answering questions, explaining technique and giving tips individual to each student.
- In addition to group and one-on-one instruction, Jesse provides high-quality instructional materials, including a reference photo, a glossy tutorial booklet, and the image already outlined on drawing paper. Workbooks also have a complete list of colors for each section.
- Students are required to bring their own drawing supplies, and a materials list will be distributed well in advance of the workshop.
Take your art to the next level as everyone shares their love of colored pencil in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
Capacity is limited, so sign up today!
ABOUT JESSE LANE
Jesse Lane is quickly gaining recognition as one of the world’s finest colored-pencil artists.
When The Artist’s Magazine put Jesse’s artwork on its cover, it was with the proclamation, “Colored Pencil Cracks the (Fine Art) Ceiling.”
Jesse’s drawings have earned numerous honors, including awards from the Colored Pencil Society of America, the Salmagundi Club and The International ARC Salon. His portraits have been featured in publications including American Art Collector, International Artist, Fine Art Connoisseur, The Artist’s Magazine, Southwest Art, The Washington Post and Huffington Post.
Jesse prefers the colored-pencil medium for its precision. His hyperealistic portraits have taken as long as 1,000 hours to create. “I’m always looking for the easily missed moments of everyday life. I work to design and capture an instant of emotion,” Jesse says. “Every image I create has a story. My stories share moments of intimacy, private moments. If you feel and sense the story, I’m satisfied.”Jesse lives in The Woodlands, Texas with his wife, Kinsey, a talented sculptor and painter. He teaches workshops throughout the United States and loves sharing his passion for colored pencil.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 1119 JL