Ceramics – Pottery Wheel for Beginners
Saturdays| 9am-12pm | 6 Instructor-Led Class Sessions + 6 Open Studio Practice Sessions
This six-week course is designed exclusively for those who are new to wheel work and is open for ages 12 through adult. Have fun while gaining confidence on the potters wheel. Small class size ensures that each student receives personalized, one-on-one instruction and encouragement for a fascinating hands-on experience that will bring out the potter in you.
The Sedona Arts Center’s ceramic department operates free from the constraints of grades and benefits from the talents of its ceramic faculty and assistants as well as nationally recognized guest instructors. This combination allows our department to offer flexible and diverse programming in both traditional and contemporary techniques.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our classrooms and galleries until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in in-person classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- If the student is traveling to Arizona from out-of-state, a negative COVID-19 test, proof of vaccination, or quarantining for ten days prior to attending is required.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
21 0410 NK