Ceramics – Advanced*
Mondays | 4-7pm | 6 Instructor-Led Class Sessions + 6 Open Studio Practice Sessions
*Note that the Monday class is reserved for experienced ceramicists! (Beginners are welcome in Dennis Ott’s Tuesday or Wednesday classes or in Neil Kennedy’s Pottery Wheel for Beginners on Saturdays.)
The Sedona Arts Center’s ceramic department operates free from the constraints of grades and benefits from the talents of its ceramic faculty and assistants as well as nationally recognized guest instructors. This combination allows our department to offer flexible and diverse programming in both traditional and contemporary techniques.
Through demonstration and one-on-one instruction, students will learn to throw a variety of forms on the potter’s wheel or techniques to create hand-built works. Slab roller, extruder and forms are also available to create functional and decorative pieces. Tuition includes the first 25-pound bag of clay, firings and glazes, and one open studio session per week.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that masks be worn at all times while inside our buildings.
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
20 1123 DO