Alternative Firings with Dennis Ott
Two Sundays – Feb 14 & Feb 21, 2021
All Levels | Ceramics Studio | 10 – 4pm
Join us to experience new and exciting finishing techniques. This workshop is great for a first time clay experience or for the experienced potter to explore a number of new finishes. We will be using non-traditional finishes such as Raku, Sager, Obvara and horse hair to create beautiful surface results.
We will meet on two consecutive Sunday’s, the first, to create our pieces and the second to fire them.
This workshop is open to all experience levels, from none to advanced. The potters wheel is available for those with experience. Hand building, available for all. Each participant will create 4-5 pieces.
Please bring a lunch.
Tuition: $200.00 All materials and firings included.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate)
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Staff perform a rigorous sanitation protocol throughout the day.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center. Paper masks are available for no charge.
20 0214 DO