Alternative Firing with Dennis Ott
Two Sundays: February 6 & 13, 2022
All Levels | Ceramics Studio | 10 am – 3 pm
Join us to experience new and exciting finishing techniques. This workshop is great for a first time clay experience or for the experienced potter to explore a number of new finishes. We will be using non-traditional finishes such as Raku, Sager, Obvara and horse hair to create beautiful surface results.
We will meet on two consecutive Sunday’s, the first, to create our pieces and the second to fire them.
This workshop is open to all experience levels, from none to advanced. The potters wheel is available for those with experience. Handbuilding is available for all. Each participant will create 4-5 pieces.
Please bring a lunch.
Tuition: $200.00 – All materials and firings included.
COVID Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, and Staff are a top priority. Since COVID-19 first surfaced, our staff continues to monitor the situation closely, taking every precaution to keep our Patrons, Students, Volunteers, Staff, and our community safe.
- We require that face masks, covering mouth and nose, be worn in our buildings until further notice. (Note: face shields are not adequate.) Paper masks are available for no charge.
- Thermometers are available in the Gallery and Studios for self-checking of temperature upon entrance.
- Sanitation stations are available at each entrance to the Center.
22 0206 DO
- Each student must enroll individually
- Students may register online or by calling the Sedona Arts Center’s Administrative Offices in the Art Barn, toll-free at 888-954-4442 or locally at 928-282-3809
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express are accepted or student may pay with cash or check by registering in person during office hours at the Art Barn
In-Person and Online Workshops
- A student may pay in full or place a $125 non-refundable deposit to save a space in the workshop
- Any unpaid balance is due at least 30 days prior to first day of class
- If a student cancels before the 30-day cut-off, the balance is refunded (or cancelled if not already paid) – the deposit is non-refundable
- If a student cancels within the 30-days prior to class, no refund is given and both deposit and balance are forfeited
- If Sedona Arts Center cancels the workshop for any reason, all payments made will be refunded in full
The Sedona Arts Center is not responsible for providing make-up sessions or issuing refunds, credits, or transfers for courses missed as a result of illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control. There are absolutely no refunds after the cut-off date for any reason, unless the Sedona Arts Center has to cancel the workshop, then all fees paid will be refunded in full.
Covid-19 Update for In-Person Classes and Workshops:
As long as SAC is able to provide an environment that adheres to the CDC guidelines for social gatherings, and assuming all other normal criteria are met and the workshop or class goes forward, the above cancellation policies are in effect.